Vacancies – join our team of professionals
We currently have the below open vacancies. Should you still be interested in working with us but there is no open vacancies, we encourage you to apply by sending an application letter a detailed CV directly via email to email@example.com
Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality.
HSSEQ Officer - (METS-OMAN-MARCH-001)
Would you like to work for an organisation which operates to internationally recognised and certified standards and practices for ethical compliance, quality, health, safety, security and environmental management alongside inspirational people who are dedicated to being the best they can? Currently we have an exciting opportunities for HSSEQ OFFICER (Omani National Only) to join our dynamic team based at METS facility in Duqm, Oman.
- Ensure all staff comply with Company HSSEQ requirements
- Ensure all visitors/Sub-Contractors comply with METS HSSEQ requirements
- Enforcement of METS Safe policy
- Issuing of Safety Observation Card – reports
- Arrange fire drills and record accordingly
- Hold safety meetings with staff and assist with tool box talks
- Check first aid equipment and replace out of stock or outdated equipment
- Conduct daily yard checks as per checklist MCL10
- Assist Security with Vehicle and Driver QA/QC checks
- Brief staff on HSSEQ procedures or Policy amendment changes
- Conduct and record temperature / humidity / wind speed checks
- Assist management with Incident / Accident / Injury investigations
- Yard inspection to ensure housekeeping is up to date – minimising slip/trip/fall risks
- Implementation of HSSEQ initiatives.
WHO ARE YOU:
- Higher secondary education
- Excellent Communication skills English & Arabic
- Knowledge of appropriate statutory / regulatory requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels
- Well organised and ready to work in dynamic environment
- Willing to work rotational shifts 28 days on including weekends and National Holidays followed by 14 days off.
- Willing to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products
- Participation in appropriate HSSEQ related trainings will be an advantage
- Self-motivated and able to multitask
- Be a team player and embracing solid work and ethical standards
- Be a responsible and trustworthy person who can use your own initiative to meet agreed deadlines
Founded in 1974 with head offices in Malta and listed on the Malta stock exchange Medserv operates from nine main facilities - Malta, Cyprus, Portugal, Egypt, UAE, Duqm, Sohar , Iraq and Suriname – delivering four principle areas of operation: offshore oil & gas logistics, engineering services, toll manufacture of drilling fluids & power generation from large scale PV arrays. With the addition of METS, Medserv has added premium threading, inspection and repair services for oil country tubular goods (OCTG) to the portfolio of engineering services.
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators. There will be different opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, focusing on your growth and development. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company operating from different countries and working with many different cultures and nationalities.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending an application letter together with a detailed CV directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 18th March 2019.